Sunday 15 January 2017

Week-end Speed Painting: 2-hour skeleton rider

Mantic's Skeleton rider (plastic, by ???)
The graveyard base is from Micro Art Studio.

I didn't have much time today but I've managed to squeeze in a mini that has been waiting for years on my workbench. I wanted to experiment with a rusty armour effect. I will do more speed painting in the future because it's fun and because I've got truckloads of minis I'd like to paint. A 1 or 2-hour limit is great to develop speed painting. Use a hair dryer to make the paint and ink dry in seconds and voilĂ !





Speed painting is especially appropriate when your wet palette is already full of different paints from other projects. Instead of thowing it away, just paint those primed minis that have been waiting for years to be painted. This is what mine looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment